Synthetic Salt

alot of people say tropic marine pro reef crystals is the best.out of my price range though.i used instant ocean,aqua medic,sera and the brand from andre(millepora).hard to tell,but i was quite pleased with andrews salt.also dissolves very fast.lets see what the pros say

I find that reef crystals make my tank thrive but the price is much more than normal salts but to start i used reef crystals and then water changes started happening more often and bang goes all the money so i now use Real ocean and my tanks doing good

I also use andrews as I cannot afford Tropic Marin.
IMO Andrews salt (cannot remember the name) and tropic marin are quite similar. Both dissolve fast, both give good coralline growth, all the corals open equally with them and everthing looks healthy.
I used to use Instant ocean but Andrews works out cheaper.

As I said before Wizzard and I both use it and both like it. I would like to do some readings on a fresh mix with good RO water.

Sorry, but how do you gauge the quality of a salt by the speed it dissolves?

Mekaeel there should be no Nitrates and heaven forbid, no Nitrites in any synthetic brand of salt.

I also use Real Ocean in all my systems, as do guys like Bob The Reef Builder in his awesome reef. Now that should say something about this salt!!!

Do any of you guy's do all the tests before adding to your system ? - KH, CA and PO4 would be my main concerns.

I'm currently using sysnthetic, but my only concern is the inconsistency of the brands. All the batches seem to differ regardless of the brand.

Mekaeel there should be no Nitrates and heaven forbid, no Nitrites in any synthetic brand of salt.

I also use Real Ocean in all my systems, as do guys like Bob The Reef Builder in his awesome reef. Now that should say something about this salt!!!
agree with you on it and yes nitrates are 0,did a test before i used it.trying to explain to alan regarding how we judge different salts.and yes your salt rocks without doubt!!!

Yes Anthony I have done test’s. PO4 was zero with a Merc test kit. DKH was between 7 and 8 and I really can’t remember the exact Ca reading but it was four hundred and something.

:045: Cool

Back
Top Bottom