Switching from fresh water to marine

reefboy

Newbie with a HUGE undertaking
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Recently I was lucky enough (some say it was more of another persons burden) to inherit a massive 3.5m long, .7 m deep and about .5 m wide aquarium. It has two sumps with all the equipment. I think it has a capacity of 4000-6000 L Now my new project has started.

Both sumps needed some TLC, mending of panels, fresh silicone and a good scrub, as well as the main tank and equipment.

Hopefully I can get this project started sooner than later with everyone's help :)

Attachments

• 20191021_051242.jpg
    20191021_051242.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 20191021_051248.jpg
    20191021_051248.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 20191027_142054.jpg
    20191027_142054.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 173
Wow, that's a monster size. Good luck with it, looking forward to following your progress.

Nice cabinet as well.

Your tank is slightly longer in length than mine. You are over estimating the total volume a bit. The tank full to the rim should be 1225 liters.
Your sumps maxed volume should be about 800L, Giving a total volume around 2000L. Still a lot of water.

I have a Jojo setup as well to catch rain water.
I run the water through my RO Filter and then run the waste water into another holding drum that I have a pump connected to which i use to water the garden with
The waste water from the RO water when using rain water as the initial source is amazing for the garden, nutrient dense.

I really want a reef tank. but that would be long term goal.
Nice
Wow I wish I had space for a tank like this, it would most definitely be an Angelfish and Surgeon tank if it was mine.
A fish only tank but focusing on show piece fish

Nice
Wow I wish I had space for a tank like this, it would most definitely be an Angelfish and Surgeon tank if it was mine.
A fish only tank but focusing on show piece fish

I was thinking yellow tangs, blue tangs and swallow tail angelfish. Perhaps some schooling fish, seeing it is such a big tank. Defiantly do not want a bare bottom tank so i will also look at sand sifters as well.

I was thinking yellow tangs, blue tangs and swallow tail angelfish. Perhaps some schooling fish, seeing it is such a big tank. Defiantly do not want a bare bottom tank so i will also look at sand sifters as well.
Yeah it all depends on if you want to keep coral or not.
If you want really nice schooling fish look at something like 1 male Lyretail Anthias and then some females

Back
Top Bottom