Switching from fresh water to marine

reefboy

Newbie with a HUGE undertaking
Reaction score
tank is coming along nicely, I would still wait a few more weeks and test the water inbetween so as to asses the situation of the cycle on a tank this size before adding any fish
I just have to be patient.

I did add some live rock and i just need to find half a cup of live sand somewhere.

So far she is looking good. I saw there were quite a few pods on the live rock so hopefully they will assist with th cycle.

Attachments

reefboy

Newbie with a HUGE undertaking
Reaction score
So I did some tests again,

No movement on the parameters, they are all giving me the same reading. However, i saw some diatom algae bulbs forming and some brown spots all over the live rock and sand bed.

Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- between 20 and 50 ppm.
Nitrate- between 0.2 and 0.5 ppm

Snails, pods, star fisg, live rock and all the living critters that came with the piece of live rock are still alive and they are getting more and more. Some calcium growth on the piece of live rock.

Confused as to the next steps. I am still amazed at the fact that there has been zero ammonia, yet high levels of NO2 and NO3.

Could this be because of the size of the tank?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ammonia is breaking down to Nitrite...so thats a good thing. Just need to wait untill Ammonia and Nitrite is 0 then you good to go

Top Bottom