Survivor clown wrasse

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hi all, so vary happy to post a report of this absolutely extremely tough fish in my tank.
I moved my sump from the old 6ft tank to the 4ft tank on Saturday4/8/2007 and afterwards moved enough water over to the small tank. Then I drained the 6ft untill a few patches had a bit of water deeper than the substrate. When this was done I caught what fish I could and released them into the nww tank.
And needless to say: the clown wrasse went underground. I went through the sand twice and my son once. No clown wrassew to be found!
At about 13h00 on sunday 19/18/2007 my wife Nelia sent me an sms telling me she caught the wrasse and also put it into the new tank.(Made my IMACSA)
This fish was in the old tank under the sand(Probably super toxic after all the live rock was flushed out). Needless to say I was extremely happy.
The thing that bugs me is that we spend thousands to look after our stock and then they still die sometimes.
I will post an pic as soon as photobucket works properly.
Is it not amazing what this fish went through and it still survived?
Please let us know if you have similar really great experiences to share. Btw. this fish is something to see the last few days. It eats Omega One garlick pellets like mad and when the stock runs out it feeds on the bare bottom.
Regards
Herkie
clap.gif

Last edited:
ive had the experience with my gaimard (think its a clown wrasse).wen one of my tanks burst,i moved all my live stock over to another tank.figured i caught out all the fish,but just over 12 hours later when i was removing the gravel from the broken tank which just had moist substrate,i found the gaimard and it was still hopping away.chucked him into the temporary tank and he was swimming about and readily ate food once i fed.i was amazed

The amazing thing is that this fish seems so much happier in the new tank. He chose a spot and stays around this rock most of the time. Then it would shoot off and swim around every rock possible for a while before returning. My favourite fish by the way. It seems so utterly gracefull at all times.(It must be lekka to be able to swim with so much grace and almost no effort.}

I'm so happy to have found the wrasse, and I think the fish is happy in the new tank as well-it constantly swims quite briskly around the rock following the rock contour very closely. If I could take a decent photo of this fish I can also have an avatar!
A Purple crested Loerie in my garden whispered in my ear that certain reef guru's have some lekka photos I can use for this avatar.

hehe, I assume you would like a photo for your avatar? What photo do you want? Let me see if I can help you.

Hi Viper this clown wrasse stole my heart and I think a photo of one of them would make me sooo happy. This one of mine has the habit of moving quite fast without looking as if its rushing. I suppose gracefull is the word.

Back
Top Bottom