Suppliers of CO2 equipment for Calcium Reactors

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Dylan Bailey, 9 Jun 2014.

1. Dylan Bailey

Dylan Bailey

Hi Guys

I am looking for suppliers of CO2 equipment in Port Elizabeth or East London for use on a calcium reactor, would appreciate any input on who you may recommend.

Cheers!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

What exactly are you looking for?

CO2 bottles?

Filling?

Guages?

4. Andre@ReefAquatics

Andre@ReefAquatics Sponsor

Dylan if you don't find any we can surely help u with the equipment u require and courier as per normal.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2014
  5. Dylan Bailey

Dylan Bailey Thread Starter

@irie ivan

Looking for bottles and regulators. I can get the bottles filled at Air Products, as we have an account with them, but getting the small 5kg bottles seems to be a problem.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

i have a 5kg co2 fire ext for sale R800 if you interested, it was supposed to be for my fw planted set up.. plans have changed and im focussing on my new build ..

7. irie ivan

Your best bet for a regulator would be to contact the sponsors, although I must be honest, most of the ones they sell are not that good quality and have needle valves which are not that great for super fine adjustments.... Cheap Chinese imports, my opinion based on my experience. Have owned a reef octopus, saga and another brand I cant even recall the name, as it didnt last long enough for me to learn it ;).
    Have worked with Deltec, and aqua medic, both decent, had no issues, except that I had to buy seperate solenoid valves.
    Alternatively, import your own, a decent brand to look at would be milwaukee, super fine adjustment and bubblecounter included.
    For a CO2 bottle, approach one of you fire appliance companies, I just bought a new 2kg for less than R400.
    The prices charged for the same stuff but supplied by lfs is ludicrously overpriced, again my opinion.
    Should you go the route of using a bottle not supplied by an lfs, I have heard a rumour that should a regulator and solenoid blow and it was fed by a bottle not supplied by the importer of the regulator, any warrantee is void.
    I know of a non sponsor who can get you a Milwaukee, contact me via pm should you be interested.

8. Dylan Bailey

Dylan Bailey Thread Starter

Thanks for your knowledgeable input, it is my first foray into calcium reactor territory (I know the theory, now its time to sink or swim). I never thought of using a CO2 bottle provided by a fire appliance company, I will give that a go.

9. irie ivan

If you have a company which services them, you can ask them to fit a "gate valve / tap," alternatively, a cable tie to keep the lever type open does the trick.
    Just always ensure bottles are secured, as if it drops in the open position, you are dealing with a potential rocket.
    Whoever supplies gas to draft selling pubs should also be able to rent you a bottle, try AFROX?

Recent Posts