Sunburst's Colourful Bare Bottom

mmmhh.interesting

Wow, the colours of your corals are fantastic, you take a really good photo too.

I had the pleasure of seeing this system during the week, and to say I was gobsmacked is an understatement.

I can say its one of the few Barebottoms that look really good, very well thought out and set up system.

The SPS looks lovely, colours are stunning, I really enjoyed seeing it.

And just to prove it wasnt just luck, Sean has a second small system in the room with some of the brightest LPS I have had the fortune of seeing.

I was well impressed to say the least, Oh and Sean thanks for the Peroni and the Lunch:thumbup:

I can say its one of the few Barebottoms that look really good, very well thought out and set up system.
Oh and Sean thanks for the Peroni and the Lunch:thumbup:

Thanks Kanga. That means a lot to me. But as you now know, my tank turned one a few days ago. And that my friend, is the sum total of my SPS experience. Masa and SARK have taught me so much this year that it makes the previous years of LPS seem insignificant.
The biggest eye opener was running a tank without a dsb, chaeto refugium, ozone or denitrator. Rock, flow and skimming, in good measure, is all. And of course lighting but of lesser importance.

The one thing that has stressed me out is why my LPS, except for Favia all wilt and become visibly unhappy when i transfer them to my SPS tank? Some have even died.

Cool Kanga! BUT! Where's YOUR pics of BOTH Sean's tanks? ;)

I have been meaning to start a thread showing that low tech also works. Will post pics of other set up then. One Rock, One pump, One Plenum, One Skimmer and t5 lighting. Sorry auto top up as well.

This was done running to the airport virtually, so sorry no pics

Chuckle chuckle, i realised after you left that you must have got there 15 min late. Thanks for your time.

Hi Sean - that would be COOL! (a new thread with the pics of your tanks). BUT, I would not REALLY call a skimmer "low-tech" though ;)

Personally I think that DSB's are more low-tech than skimmers.....

BUT, I am REALLY interested in seeing your tank's pics - and I can really appreciate the value of having a BB tank, with only a skimmer for real filtering - a REALLY decent/expensive skimmer, that is....

Very Very nice looking ecosystem you have there sunburst. Stunning Pics and beautifull specimens

Chuckle chuckle, i realised after you left that you must have got there 15 min late. Thanks for your time.

Got there well in time, no racing car like a rental:whistling:

Was a real pleasure seeing this once again thanks Sean:thumbup:

Ah man... I remember now why I love em sticks.

The detail on that Mille is awesome !!!

Some lovely Pics Sunburst, really enjoyed seeing this tank:)

Back
Top Bottom