Sun Powered Reef

my frag tank will be sun powered thru a bay window

Geesh. This must be one of the coolest projects i've ever seen!!

Yeah it is awsome, seen this sometime back. Something i would love to do if I stayed in a house.

This is a cool project. but there are easier ways to have done this without being forced to only look through the top which isnt a good view IMO. If you had big 200l drums in the earth it will be the same(bigger for bigger tanks etc). then you still get the possibility of side viewing, the only issue is the rain, for salinty, and needing a big skimmer. but for something like this you would need one anyway:) otherwise an awesome project

Yeah, i would love to do this but i don't know if I can keep my son's dwarf rabbits out of the tank/pond!:)

Yeah, i would love to do this but i don't know if I can keep my son's dwarf rabbits out of the tank/pond!:)

The tank has a glass cover.

I was thinking of adding a water feature to my garden, would have loved to have a marine pond but PE get a bit cold. This design makes me think it might be a possibility.

I saw it had a cover, just kidding...

yeah but that might not be good for the fish though. imagine that patter of rain on the glass, could startle fish as they would be lower down in the ocean and not be affected by rain. but this outdoor option allows for a big scrubber though:)

yeah but that might not be good for the fish though. imagine that patter of rain on the glass, could startle fish as they would be lower down in the ocean and not be affected by rain. but this outdoor option allows for a big scrubber though:)

Doubt it, don't waves make noise :p

Surely this would b the way to go in setting up a small propogation set-up?

Any ideas around the pitfalls trying this in Jozi's climate?

Dosn't seem far off from what he has in Portgual....read thru the whole thread, shame he shut everything down, eventually changed to a green house then sold up and left the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom