Sun Powered Reef

dallasg

Reaction score
my frag tank will be sun powered thru a bay window

Reaction score
Geesh. This must be one of the coolest projects i've ever seen!!

Reaction score
This is a cool project. but there are easier ways to have done this without being forced to only look through the top which isnt a good view IMO. If you had big 200l drums in the earth it will be the same(bigger for bigger tanks etc). then you still get the possibility of side viewing, the only issue is the rain, for salinty, and needing a big skimmer. but for something like this you would need one anyway:) otherwise an awesome project

Reaction score
Yeah, i would love to do this but i don't know if I can keep my son's dwarf rabbits out of the tank/pond!:)

moz

Reaction score
Yeah, i would love to do this but i don't know if I can keep my son's dwarf rabbits out of the tank/pond!:)
The tank has a glass cover.

I was thinking of adding a water feature to my garden, would have loved to have a marine pond but PE get a bit cold. This design makes me think it might be a possibility.

Reaction score
I saw it had a cover, just kidding...

Reaction score
yeah but that might not be good for the fish though. imagine that patter of rain on the glass, could startle fish as they would be lower down in the ocean and not be affected by rain. but this outdoor option allows for a big scrubber though:)

Reaction score
yeah but that might not be good for the fish though. imagine that patter of rain on the glass, could startle fish as they would be lower down in the ocean and not be affected by rain. but this outdoor option allows for a big scrubber though:)
Doubt it, don't waves make noise :p

Reaction score
Surely this would b the way to go in setting up a small propogation set-up?

Any ideas around the pitfalls trying this in Jozi's climate?

Dosn't seem far off from what he has in Portgual....read thru the whole thread, shame he shut everything down, eventually changed to a green house then sold up and left the hobby.