Sun Coral

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Alfie - that sun-coral of yours looks AWESOMELY healthy, hey!

I found that since I started removing my sun-coral from my tank, and feed it in a seperate tupperware container, it has grown many more "heads", and also now comes out FAR more in my tank during daylight hours as well.....

Reaction score
If you get them into a routine of feeding with the lights on they open during the day. I don't like the idea of always moving the corals. Mine has about doubled in size and there are tons of new polyps forming all the time.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I can imagine that moving/trying to move any SPS will be problematic. I don't usually move my corals - it's just that when I did feed the sun-coral while it was in one location, not all the "heads/polyps" got food (being difficult to get to when target feeding). I used to switch all my pumps off (except for my return pump), and then use my turkey baster to target feed the sun-coral. Just a short while later the hermit crabs are on the sun-coral, stealing the food from the polyps.....

Reaction score
How long do they take to extend polyps after you put them into the tupperware Jacie?
I also feed mine with the turkey baster...The L tank is nice for the decoy method...I first feed the shrimps and crabs and fish in the one leg and then feed the sun coral in the other leg.

Reaction score
My sun is growing on the back of some kind of bi-valve. Would it be safe for me to move it everynight or will the bi-valve maybe die?

Reaction score
Hi Alfie - that sun-coral of yours looks AWESOMELY healthy, hey!

I found that since I started removing my sun-coral from my tank, and feed it in a seperate tupperware container, it has grown many more "heads", and also now comes out FAR more in my tank during daylight hours as well.....
hey bud what do you feed your sun coral in the tupperware and how many times do you do that