Sun Coral Question

Reaction score
Is it possible to save this coral ?

There are small polyps and they do seem to get excited when feeding fish roe.

52849a91bd03b933.jpg

If you target feed it I think it can make it. I've seen sun corals with the same tissue loss recover.

isolate the coral by putting it in an old clean tub of ice-cream with a small pump in the tub aswell. put the tub in your sump (provided your sumps lighting is not on for 24hrs a day) and feed the coral everyday for a week. just remember to replace the water often so nitrates in the tub don't sky rocket. if you feed heavyish you will not have to target feed. i never target feed mine i just isolate it with half a coke bottle and my sun coral is looking great.

I agree that it is possible to save it. It won't be easy though... you'll have to target feed it every day... imo

Slowly, slowly. It is feeding well

52849babead317b1.jpg

And check the coral's guardian angel on the left :D

52849babed26574e.jpg

Thanks for the advice Shaun, just to the right of the coral is it's cave.

Need to take it out for shooting and feeding ;)

Thanks for the algae advice. It is a bit of a problem. I have the coral in the Mantis/refuge tank, which in it's own nature is quite nutrient rich. If I put in the main display tank, I am wary the coral just won't be able to handle the huge flow, predators and food competition.

Maybe I should try find a dark part of my sump to keep it in.

Moving it to the sump might help, but you also need to start feeding it more often...

how many times should he be feeding it sihaya?
Warr bud you must scrap the algae off with your fingers see what happens :):cursing:

The coral is looking a whole lot better Warren from the first pic. Well done and good determination

Back
Top Bottom