Sun Coral INFO

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by THE ANIMAL, 31 Mar 2009.

1. THE ANIMAL

THE ANIMAL

Got A Suncoral, Please Advice Where Will Be The Best Place To Put It And How And What Should I Feed It. I Have Zoplan Advanced Zooplankon Diet',
    Phutonplan Advanced Phytoplankton Diet And Whole Freeze Dried Cyclop-eeze?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hiya "Animal" - BEST suggestion I have - target feed the sun coral. Perhaps make a "feeding tool" with the top bit of a 2 litre coke bottle and a pipe connected to the bottle outlet/opening....

Feed defrosted mysid shrimp..... also - perhaps - blend some marine sea food mix (which you can get from Pick-n-Pay/Checkers, etc....) - blend this very finely.....

Defrost some of this frozen blended marine seafood - and feed the sun coral some of this......

Good luck, mate! PLEASE ENSURE to feed often!

4. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

5. THE ANIMAL

THE ANIMAL Thread Starter

THANKS Jacquesb
    So i should feed it frozen food same as what the fish eat? Where sould I put it in a cafe like pleace? What I whant to know is can it handel light or not?

6. THE ANIMAL

Thanks Shaun!

But can it handel light?

7. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Properly acclimatized it can, but does not need it. If have seen them in a German guys tank were they were under MH's. But their will be guys that probably will say no.

8. THE ANIMAL

How often should I feed them?

9. Warr7207

Warr7207

Ideally every day

10. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Agree with Warr, everyday if possible. Feed it after you feed your fish. The pollyps will extend when they smell food, so feed it when they are fully extended.
    Just remember that more feeding means more waste which means you must keep an eye on your water parameters that you don't sit with high ammonia or nitrates later on.

11. Tony

Tony

Sun corals can tolerate light. Mine is under halides. You should feed everyday as Warren says but can get away with three times a week. They will get used to the smell of food and will open up accordingly. Add a little food and wait for them to open up. SOme guys put them in a seperate container with water in when feeding them so not to pullute the water. Feed them anyhting from frozen mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, flakes soaked in water or a zooplancton based food like Coral frenzy or cyclopeeze. You have to feed each polyp individually as they are all seperate animals. Use a pipette or small syringe to feed them and fend off your crabs and greedy fish who try to steal food from them.

12. ted.vanh

ted.vanh

Hi Animal,

I target feed all my corals, including the sun, everyday Monday to Saturday with Coral Frenzy. On a Sunday I fill a 2 litre ice cream bucket with water out of the DT, place the sun in the container and feed with frozen chopped mussels or shrimps or whatever nice fine seafood I have. I stir the water every 15-20 minutes and leave it in the bucket for about 3 hours before placing it back in it's place low down in my DT.

Recent Posts