1. Dean Schreuder

Dean Schreuder

UGood day all,

I have a sump running like this 1st chamber ts1 skimmer overflowing into a dsb with live rock on egg crate above and cheato, 3rd chamber purigen, chemipure and phosogaurd, last chamber return pump and pump for chiller.

Question i have, i have seen many petshops have ceramic rings and bio balls intergrated in there sumps. Exotic, pet masters etc all have it running. They all are running reef systems.

My tank is new and im running my cycle with live rock and stability, will be adding prodibo soon ;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Bio Balls and ceramic rings are fine for fish only systems. Actually for fish holding tanks, bio balls are great. but they do not do the nitrate stage.

4. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

These systems are for tanks with high Bio-Load. I use Ceramic rings and bio balls on most of our installations. The reason is that they break down the waist to nitrate more efficiently than other filter systems. You will need a good nitrate filter if you go this route and a DSB is is not an option. If you are going the DSB route then don't use bio-balls or ceramic rings.

5. CJT

CJT

What would be best to use as a Nitrate filter if using ceramic rings and bio balls?

Recent Posts