1. paul bloem

paul bloem

Hey guys

here is a pic of my sump when it was new. 120 X40 X30. the last chamber is 28cm and dsb is 40cm[​IMG]

Here is one I made a bit bigger[​IMG]
    now the question is if you look at the last chamber can it go smaller or not. Im scared if it is smaller the return pump will be too fast and empty the chamber or am I not thinking right?

thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Warr7207

Warr7207

Make it small enough to fit the pump/s. I would reduce the height of the baffles, just to give you a bit more "overflow" volume in case of emergencies (siphoning of the return pipe)

Reduce the pump's power if you find it emptying the return chamber, but I doubt it unless you were using a monster pond/pool pump.

4. PeterL

PeterL

Your overflow will keep up with the pump, regardless the size of your last chamber. I have just built a refugium/DSB and my last chamber is just big enough to house my pump. There is just enough room in there for if I ever want to increase the pump size, the overflow should be made to accomodate almost any flow and will catch up to the speed of the pump.

The theory is that the more you put into the main tank, the more it overflows/siphons (which ever you have) so it is by theory not really possible to drain the last chamber if your overflow is working right.

Recent Posts