Sump lighting

Reaction score
is it posible to use a metal halogen light for lighting of the sump.The ones you get from the hardware 75w ?
Would it work?

it would be, but it would be over kill, or a waste if you will, unless you plan on setting up a frag farm for SPS in there or something:) any old light, even an energy saver would do

plan to run the light in reverse to the main lighting would the heat still be an issue as will only run at night ? Reason was thinking of it is cause they are quite cheap and kinda neat looking comes with its own littlish reflector think its only about R100

well if you like it go for it, if you have the cash to do it go for it! you could then actually set up a little frag farm there too if you like:) hint hint:) i run my sump lightin in reverse of my DT and the plants in my sump then create oxygen when my DT creates CO2, so with your halide in the sump it would do well:) i only have a 75 watt energy saver:)

yes in an enclosed cabinet. so u recon it would be best going with the energy savers?

I am using a sun glow its whiter than in is yellow did not say but was guessing it is in the 6500k to 8000k and works well. its buy sylvania.

Back
Top Bottom