Sump help

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Qaiser, 22 Aug 2009.

1. Qaiser

Qaiser

i only have a 75L sump with 3 chambers was wondering if u guyz hav any ideas on how to go about setting it up.external or internal protein skimmer[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

@Qaiser it is better if you keep all your posts/questions in one thread. say "Qaiser's tank" then community members can follow the progress of your setup easier. If you post all over the place and ask questions in other threads it can confuse readers that want to help. You might also get conflicting advice because one does not know your system.

Just an example, in order for someone to give advice on your above question they will have to ask a whole load of questions or search all your posts. It is much easier for them to get a better idea of your planned system and then give better advice. I suggest you ask a MOD very nicely to colate your posts into your personal thread.

4. keyaam

keyaam

Which protein skimmer will you be running. That sump is a bit old school. Try and make it like this
    [​IMG]

5. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Qaiser...What skimmer do you have...is yours a internal or external...?

6. Pete

Pete

Qaiser if you look at your sump your water would flow through you DSB and not over it. I would deside what skimmer I wanted to use and then work around that. I would remove the two inner panels and re-install them again make sure both are of the same hight of +/- 300mm high depending on the hight of your sump! I would make the first chaimber the right size to accomodate the skimmer the second chaimber will be DSB as big as you can make it then the third chaimber would be return. If you look at your pic the panel of glass that is lifted off the base of the sump, that must be lowered so that the water flows over it and not under it. hope all that made sence.

7. Qaiser

Qaiser Thread Starter

thanks nemo for the advice.Can u guyz post all replies under qaiser's tank as it is easier for every1 to follow.thanks

Recent Posts