Suicidal mandarin dies in leap of faith

Reaction score
During 10 percent water change mandarin leaped from tank unnoticed by mandarinman. Hanging my head in shame i announce i found him next to the tank in a dried and shrivelled state with open expectant eyes, although no suicide note was found no foul play is suspected. in honour of the dead I now ask my name be changed to mandarinless man

sorry to hear man!ive been down that road quite a few times

snuk snuk

i watched this oke eat everyday for eleven months. i am not sure what i am going to replace the little oke with

sorry

During 10 percent water change mandarin leaped from tank unnoticed by mandarinman. Hanging my head in shame i announce i found him next to the tank in a dried and shrivelled state with open expectant eyes, although no suicide note was found no foul play is suspected. in honour of the dead I now ask my name be changed to mandarinless man
sorry bra

Sorry about your loss dude. I lost a Mandarin to a powerhead after having kept it for 10 months. I was devasted.
Got another one though and this guy has been around for 8 months now, nice and fat. I got no powerheads anywhere near rocks now.

Commiserations Mandarin man. As Mekaeel said, many of us have been down this road. Dragon honored your loss, with a touching story and i would like to do the same.

How can a fish that is the picture of serenity and tranquility; suddenly blast out the top of your tank? That was the question i asked myself, when mine also took the leap.

I have a purple tang that befriended mine, and they would spend a lot of time going through this strange ritual of going up and down the back corner of my old tank. It was almost as though the tang was hypnotized or in a trance. Movements were slow (especially for a tang) and now that i think of it just bizarre. Undulations from bottom to top would take about 15 secs. The mandarin would always be slightly above the tang with lots of body contact. I then read up, that Mandarin pairs had spawned in captivity. I then associated this strange behaviour to "the need". :biggrin:I then decided to find this guy a wife. He must have known what i was thinking because he committed suicide soon after. :79:

Sorry to hear, I once removed some rock from my tank and left it on the floor for the night. When clearing the mess the following night I found my best aquatic friend turned into biltong. MIDASBLENNIE.

My condolences bud.

Sorry to hear dude.

I then read up, that Mandarin pairs had spawned in captivity. I then associated this strange behaviour to "the need". :biggrin:I then decided to find this guy a wife. He must have known what i was thinking because he committed suicide soon after. :79:
Excellent, almost fell off my chair :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Classic Sean :lol:

Back
Top Bottom