Submersible Underwater LED's

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been searching all over the net to find some submersible LEDS, I want to use this to grow some cheato/macro algae in one of my chambers in my BOYO TL-550 tank ???

In search of just 2 x bright white LEDS that can sit submersed ???

Any ideas ???

Hi Guys,

I've been searching all over the net to find some submersible LEDS, I want to use this to grow some cheato/macro algae in one of my chambers in my BOYO TL-550 tank ???

In search of just 2 x bright white LEDS that can sit submersed ???

Any ideas ???

Sammy, the LED won't be enough energy for the Cheato to grow. Unless you got a monster unit. Unfortunately you will need to look at at least a daylight saver type light output. Even with daylight saver it grows very slowly, chuck it under a MH and all hell breaks loose ;)

hmmmm, i have a bit of problem as I have a nano TL-550 so i need something small to chuck into my rear chamber ??? Thanks for the reply ...

hmmmm, i have a bit of problem as I have a nano TL-550 so i need something small to chuck into my rear chamber ??? Thanks for the reply ...

Not quite sure on this tanks design, is there anyway you can put in a strip neon. My Aqua H2O has a rear chamber that runs the entire length of the tank.

Another idea, is put the macro algae in the main display. Unless you get Tangs, it will do well.

i have a lawnmower blenny (algae eater) ???? will he not think its xmas ???

i have a lawnmower blenny (algae eater) ???? will he not think its xmas ???

No, they are quite fuzzy when it comes to their greens, mine won't even touch Nori. He eats flakes and the algae that grows on the glass.

My Tangs eat Chaeto, but it can't be good for them as it comes out the same way it goes in.:whistling:

what about the LED's Millepora stocks,those will be awsome

Sammy - ask Matt what he has done. I know that he has done something in these lines to supply the chaetomorpha he has with light...

I don't think he runs chaeto, he packs in loads of LR in the back chambers.

could you guys post a pick, then i can see what you are talking about ...

Back
Top Bottom