Submariners Setup

Reaction score
My new set-up is +-7 months old, my previous tank was about 8 months old both tanks i had made at Idol Marine in Johannesburg.I am lucky to still Have the first 2 fish i ever bought (Humbug and Flame Back Angel)and the first piece of coral i ever bought (Mushroom Rock) which you will see in my tank pic's.

I like everyone i have had ups and downs with power outs, cracked heater's
and whitespot just to name a few, which as led me to this point.The best advice i can give is research,read and plan ahead, With the wealth of info and advice out there, the more you learn now the less times you are going to learn the hard way later and learning the hard way in this hobby can mean month's of misery or even giving up the hobby all together.

The best item i have ever purchased without a doubt was my emergency backup system for running my tank when the power goes out.

I had a bad time last year with power outages up to 5 times a week for 7 hrs on some occasions.without the backup power supply i don't think i would still have a
reef tank.

Hope the above helps and enjoy the pic's.

P1000066.jpg

P1000032.jpg

P1000017-1.jpg

P1030093.jpg

P1030037.jpg

Will post new pic's soon.

Wow that's stunning Submariner - Excellent work :thumbup:

Love your fish collection ;)

Very nice Submariner. Realle well done.

What's the reactor behind the Calcium Reactor? Is it a phosphate thingy?

Please also show pics of your refugium.

Very nice Submariner. Realle well done.

What's the reactor behind the Calcium Reactor? Is it a phosphate thingy?

Please also show pics of your refugium.
It looks like carbon to me.

Stunning set up, really like the fish collection, really neat engine room.

Very nice job.. well done.. neat stuff, you can see plenty thought went into that !

N.I.C.E

Muz

Hi Makeel

I am not running a DSB on my tank at the moment, due to designing a DSB system
that is portable and easy to move. I have seen many people in this hobby who have had trouble after moving tanks due to moving there DSB.

I will be finished with my Portable DSB in the next few weeks, this hopefully will make the tank move when moving house next year much better with no ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom