Stupid Post Office!!

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Seashell, 19 Feb 2008.

1. Seashell

Seashell

I can’t believe the nerve!! My friend who lives in the UK sent her sister in SA a box set of DVD’s via a supplier. The guy who she bought it from went to the post office and paid an EXTRA £20 to cover any customs costs etc. They also labelled the box as a gift. Her sister got a note this morning to say that the parcel is ready for collection, but she needs to pay a customs charge!!!! When she phoned them they told her that she’s only allowed 2 gifts from overseas per year, more than that she needs to pay a charge!! It’s February and her sister never even sent her anything via the post before.
    Ok, being from SA, I know things are a bit backwards, bit this is just one of the many things that makes my blood boil!!

:rawrrrrr:

Does this mean you guys can never buy anything from overseas? Or, if you do, do you have to give an arm, leg and torso for it?

Rant over :)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

hehe, having fun with the locals I see :lol:

4. Boomslang

Boomslang

I buy buy stuff from UK and US, and never have problems...I do pay customs and import tax, but that usually works out to +-10% of the goods value.

5. moz

moz

I also buy a lot of things from the UK, USA and some things from the far east, have not had any problems other than a 2 parcels from the UK that went missing and every parcel from the far east is opened by customs?

6. Warr7207

Warr7207

I am in the fortunate position of having a courier/freight forwarding company. Haven't paid a cent on imported playthings for ages.

Recent Posts