Strange excretion from my biggest clam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all - quick question - something strange happened with my biggest (and oldest) clam yesterday afternoon....

I just happened to be close to the tank, when I saw my clam starting to excrete something strange - a very slimey whitish, yellowish excretion..

Have a look at the pics below and please confirm whether this is what I think it is?
Was my clam spawning?

145485e20becf124.jpg

145485e21547fc8a.jpg

145485e21b3937ce.jpg

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Mekaeel - if this is indeed the case, it is a HUGE honor for me to witness something like this in my own tank, from one of my clams!

I wonder what the other folks have to say of this.....

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
quick you need to get rid of him!!!.......send him to me via plane:whistling:

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting..... Now - at least mine did not spawn heavily - as you can see on the pics that it is very little....
Mekaeel - do you perhaps know how many litres of water is in Mille's system? Total water volume?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Interesting..... Now - at least mine did not spawn heavily - as you can see on the pics that it is very little....
Mekaeel - do you perhaps know how many litres of water is in Mille's system? Total water volume?
unfortunatley i dont know the total water volume but its surely more than 800l.and there were atleast 4 huge clams in there

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
how do the LFS get the baby clams, there must be a clam farm where they get them from.( they can't get all the clams from the ocean)

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
bliksem, the ocean is going to be empty in a few years, i better get a clam quick

Status
Not open for further replies.