Storing Livestock

Reaction score
Hi all

Due to some home renovations I will have to move tank soon and need some advice if i can move all my livestock to a temporary holding tank. ill move all fish, corals and liverock to the holding tank but not the substrate. Will there be any spikes and for how long can i keep the livestock in there? In this time ill be upgrading the DT and tank stand. Any advice????

You will probably get a spike, soon as the LR is moved.

Keep the LS and LR separate and then you won't need to worry about harming your fish.

You could keep the fish in holding tank for quite a while, but filtration and water changes needed to be up to spec. Corals are going be a problem, if you don't have sufficient lighting.

well fish should be ok for 2 weeks or so, corals maybe the same, been told to QT mine for atleast 10days.

can u not plumb the holding tanks into your dsb? or make a temp dsb out of a plastic dustbin using your LS

Hey dallas

I actually dont have a sump thats why im gonna be drilling the DT to add a sump. it will only be stored for about 5 days while the section where the tank is now will be sorted.

i think it should be fine, just keep a close eye on things, if everything is planned and moved quickly, its should be a small ammonia spike, i would use 80% tank water filtered thru wool and rest new water, and acclimatise slowly.

as for light a day or 2 for corals with no light is good for them, then maybe just add some t5 or t8 for the remaining days

then thats fine, is the tank shallower?

then make ur lights a little higher, dont want to bleech

maybe a reefer in CT can help with stock in there tanks, especially the corals etc
fish will be ok

Back
Top Bottom