Stocking suggestions

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some fish stocking suggestions for a 600 x 600 cube?

Maybe a tang or 2?

Just kidding about the tang! :tt2:

Which type of corals are you going to keep?
How about a flame angel, coral beauty &/ some chromis?

Yeah defeinately clowns, chromis, Hermits, cleaner shrimp, 6-line wrasse and possibly 2 Banggai Cardinals :)

Obviously start slow and perhaps introduce the Chromis first and give the tank a few weeks to get used to the bio load. Then add something else and so on. Dont rush and add everything together in my opinion. Especially if your tank has only been cycling for a month or two :thumbup:

Thanx guys. @Visser, will be mostly LPS and SPS. I'm worried that a flame angel will nip at the corals. I currently have a boyu with 2 clowns and a 6 line wrasse which i will move over to the cube eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what i have in my 650x650x500 cube

2 clowns
2 chromis
1 banggai
1 royal blue pygmy angel
snail hermits

Thinking of taking everything out except the clowns and the angel and then putting in 2 goldies

Thanks

Thanx guys. @Visser, will be mostly LPS and SPS. I'm worried that a flame angel will nip at the corals. I currently have a boyu with 2 clowns and a 6 line wrasse which i will move over to the cube eventually.

Hmmm, yip, they might! I know @Mc has one and he got lucky as he doesnt nip at corals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is a coral beauty he is fine with most coral but he did take a liking to the one acan I put in the tank, it was the same with the other coral beauty I had that killed my plate coral. I found that once they started really picking at something they didn't leave it alone until it was dead or I took it out, luckily it only ever happened with those two corals.

I think the angels are worth the risk although they can be a bit agro toward one or two fish.

Why would you want to take everything out?

One of the worst fish I ever put in my nano was a goldie he just never suited the tank I think they need bigger tanks.

Maybe look around for some nice gobies, a pygmy wrasse, a hi-fin perchlet or a pair of fire fish.

Back
Top Bottom