Stocking new tank

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
I have just set up a 350l tank with sump its 450l i ahve bought two pajama cardinals for the tank and im moving across my nanos stock which is
one percula clown
cleaner shrimp
two blue legged hermits
and a anenome crab

and corals are

candy cane
two button polyps

what stock whoud you say i sould put in that are reef safe
and any does or dont at all or just things to watch out for thanks

How long has the tank been running for ?

I assume the nano is still up and running, personally I would move the stock over slowly to the new tank, you dont want to just dump a pile of fish in at once, ad one every 2 days or so and see how it goes between each new addition.

What fish do you like, the list is long;)

yes the nano is still running and my display tank has been running for 1 day but the sump skimmer and live rock have been going for 2 months and when i move my stock across i would want to move live rock and filter media acrose aswell

and im interested in beautiful and exotic or with weird ways fish i dont mind to much about price tag

Fireshrimp, even though your rock is cured the new tank still needs to cycle. Your beneficial detrynifying bacteria colonies need to establish and build up. This will take time. 6 - 8 weeks. I know it's hard to restrain yourself but patience is key here.

As Kanga has suggested take your time in transferring your livestock across. Please do not buy anymore livestock at this stage. What you have so far will be fine during the intial cycle.

yip agree with DR.i should be last one to talk about patience lol

Let the display tank cycle first, move it all in stages.

oh and i am using bacteria and a little of the filter media from the prevous tank does this amke any diffrence i ahve been running the sump for 2 whole months does that not count for any thing (sniff)

oh and i am using bacteria and a little of the filter media from the prevous tank does this amke any diffrence i ahve been running the sump for 2 whole months does that not count for any thing (sniff)

Having done the dsb is a good thing in terms of letting it mature, however as DR has said you need to let the tank cycle through as well.

What filter media are you talking about?

oh after the stages are gone what gobie is good for the tank i have heard of the lawnmower as being good?

and im using the round clay things withe the hole threw the middle and please say what in the display has to muture?

are they easy to keep in your experence and do they eat har algia if theres a bloom and at what stage must i add them?

Marc Weiss BACTER VITAL

are they easy to keep in your experence and do they eat har algia if theres a bloom and at what stage must i add them?

Yes they eat hair algae, i have found if it is cut short they prefer it.

Once everything has cycled and you have added all your fish and your tank has been running with livestock for several weeks.

Patience is rewarded in this hobby:thumbup:

I know its tempting but hang in there

so what must mature in the Display?

well i ave only got 2 bags so far its depressing how little there is and im getting more tommorow cant you take a small peice of LR smash it up and it will muture faster ho deep must the sand bed be right now im going for 2cm

Back
Top Bottom