Stocking Ideas?

Fishy Steve

Hiden super user
Reaction score
I bought a new tank last weekend (thanks JCC) it measures 90x48x50 making it around 210 litres by my calculations. I'm looking for some interesting idea's on what to put in it. Preferably nothing to difficult to feed so nothing that requires live food only or anything difficult to get hold of. Any ideas?

Firegobys,Blennies, Dwarf angels?

Can different types of blennies be put in the same tank? I've got a midas blenny in my other tank that I've been told will be aggressive towards other blennies and goby shaped fish. Have I been lied to?

Yes and no. Depends on the size of the tank, the size of the midas and what other blennies you mix with him.

I have Midas, Sailfin and sleeper goby, all live in different parts of the tank and no one bothers each.

ive noticed when i had my midas , thay he used to go after my goldie due to them being the same color

Funny you say that, mine thinks he is a goldie (schools with the females) and the BIG male thinks he is a female :)

ive noticed when i had my midas , thay he used to go after my goldie due to them being the same color

Funny you say that, mine thinks he is a goldie (schools with the females) and the BIG male thinks he is a female :)

If you watch Midas blennies in the wild, they will hide amongst the Anthias around the reefs.

If you watch Midas blennies in the wild, they will hide amongst the Anthias around the reefs.

Wow, that is really interesting, so my little boy is doing what his ancestors have done for thousands of years :thumbup:

Wow, that is really interesting, so my little boy is doing what his ancestors have done for thousands of years :thumbup:

Yep, they are solitary fish, so they hide amoungst the anthias on the reef for protection.

my midas does that aswell! really funny to watch as they havent got the same body shape or swimming movement! he also gets tierd from swimming all the time so drops out into his hole, love my midas

back to my tank, if u dont mind. i was thinking maybe a snow flake eel and a dwarf lion? does anyone know if they're compatible with each other and with the tank size?

they should be compatible but the lion fish and eel will produce a fair amount of waist(nitrates ect) so you going to need some decent filtration. whats the total volume including the sump, will you be using a sump?

Will be using a sump. Its not made yet but the tank is drilled with all the pvc piping needed. The sump is gonna be around 130L and the tank is around 210L so 340 in total. I will be using a DSB and a 2014 weipro skimmer for now. Before you knock the skimmer let me just say that on my 130L tank the 2013 weipro is pulling out some serious skimmate.

how bout
chromis - blue green / blue
yellow tailed damsel
brazilian gamma

colourful fish... ;)

Trad, will a spotted wrasse not mess with the shrimp? Sounds like a cool combination though. Really like the bangai cardinals. I'm scared to put a dwarf angel in though. I had one that died of white spot.

hi fishy steve, please pm me if you are buying fish in the capetown area - would like to compare notes with you re quality of fish/service dave blouberg

Back
Top Bottom