Stocking ideas for a 105l

Reaction score
What would you put in for a colorful aquarium with activity?

I know i definitely would like a dwarf lionfish and really like a mandarin fish. Err no marine tank without a clown...:)

If its big enough i'd get some antheas to school

oh 105L. No i'd not get antheas. Also thats borderline big enough for a dwarf lion (some people say it's fine but I would not keep a dwarf in a tank that small)

I agree with Matt - the problem with the LionFish, is that it "messes" really badly.... And it might just grow too big - even though it is a "dwarf"...

Rather go for fish like a Midasblenny, perhaps Fire or Flame Gobies....
Perhaps some small dwarf angel (lemonpeel angel perhaps, or bi-color?)...
Perhaps Royal Dottyback (strawberry or the "normal" Royal dottyback), perhaps even a Royal Gramma....

Coralwise - I would say a few colorful corrallimorph mushrooms, zoanthids, perhaps a brain coral or two.... And some leathers are always "nice to have" (ie, pin-cushion, sarcophyton, singularia, etc)....

Kenya tree/Colt coral.....

Aww, thats a bit of a blow. I was kinda looking forward to a lion. I know that this size is minimum for a dwarf lionfish (or rather a 30gal to be perfectly correct) I get what you are saying about mess though, didn't know that. Good point, dont want my nitrates high;). Would it help any with an added 40l as this is the size of the sump?

Heres a list i made up, i obviously cant keep all, so help me sift out those compatible or add new ones...

The lemonpeel angel is tempting but i'm wary on account of it being under the difficult category.

Coral beauty angel
Centropyge bispinosus

Flame angel
Centropyge loriculus

Dwarf lion fish
fuzzy or zebra

Common clown
Amphiprion ocellaris

Mandarinefish
synchiropus splendidus

Blue banded Goby
Lyrthrypnus dalli

Purple firefish/goby
Nemateleotris decora

Benggai cardinals

Red faced batfish
Platax pinnatus:thumbup::p

i'd stick to clowns, firefish/goby, catalina goby (if you can get), banggai cardinal

all good choices for a nano.

Also look at midas blenny or bicolor blenny

maybe go for the red faced bat. when he outgrows your nano just convert your pool ;)

Hi Sabi - I am not too sure about the bat-fish. I have read many times that this fish is like the Moorish Idol. VERY difficult to get to feed. You could try it, BUT, it does grow quite big, as Matt said - and it requires a very HIGH tank to swim unhindered - how high would your nano tank be?

Hi Sabi - I am not too sure about the bat-fish. I have read many times that this fish is like the Moorish Idol. VERY difficult to get to feed. You could try it, BUT, it does grow quite big, as Matt said - and it requires a very HIGH tank to swim unhindered - how high would your nano tank be?
I'm joking on the batfish, lol, man they grow to 20 inches! They'd FAR out grow any nano and most reefs!:lol: Its just one of the most terrific looking fish i've ever seen!

I'm more serious on the others...:yeahdude:

They will thrive at high temp but will not live as long.

They can live in both but the one temp it will oly live shorter.

well surely then we wont keep them in higher temps if it shortens their lifespan?

Thats what comes with reading a book published 1996 without double checking on the web. :whistling: Yeah, i checked up on a few websites and that is what they say too, well that off the list then.

Back
Top Bottom