Sticking SPS using putty

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I had a few frags lying around of a table top A.Millepora and decided to stick them using Pratley putty. I got some pics that I thought I would share would you guys to give a rough idea of how it should be done.
PLEASE NOTE. USE GLOVES!! I did not use it while doing this demo as I was out of gloves.
Here goes.

Putty mixed and ready to use
SNC00080.jpg

Where the frag will be stuck to
SNC00082.jpg

how long do you keep it out of the water till its dry or do you put it back asap

I suggest that you wash your hands thoroughly between mixing/rolling the Pratley's and actually sticking the coral down. Use one hand to hold the base rock and one to hold the frag. Pratley's seems to irritate the coral, and it slimes over.

Also try covering both surfaces to be joined seperately. Use half on the coral, and then half on the base rock. This allows you to work the putty into each surface properly. When you join them, you can just push the two putty coated surfaces together.

My 2c.

I suggest that you wash your hands thoroughly between mixing/rolling the Pratley's and actually sticking the coral down. Use one hand to hold the base rock and one to hold the frag. Pratley's seems to irritate the coral, and it slimes over.
Yes exactly what i do, but the area where i was putting pressure using my fingers was a dead portion, so that was fine.

Also try covering both surfaces to be joined seperately. Use half on the coral, and then half on the base rock. This allows you to work the putty into each surface properly. When you join them, you can just push the two putty coated surfaces together.

My 2c.
Excellent idea, thank you for sharing Rob ;)

Back
Top Bottom