Steel frame specifications

I'm thinking of putting height adjustable feet under the legs of the stand to level the tank before filling up should the tiles be uneven or if I might move the tank in the future. Want to know if someone here did that? :wave2:

mmmmmmm
whats the weight of the tank going to be? be very careful of that

I've seen it in the mining industry with much heavier stuff. You weld 10mm flat bar on the end of the square tubing and drill a 22mm hole through it. Then you weld a 20mm nut on it over the hole. You can now turn a 20mm bolt (works with a 30mm spanner) into the nut and so adjust your height :thumbup: . You can even weld a bigger piece of flat bar onto the bolt for a bit bigger footprint/feet. How's that?

Obviously the frame must be solid and strong enough not to bend or twist, but let's hear what the other guys think ;)

Tobes, my 2m x 750mm x 750mm tank is on a stand made from 50x50x5 angle iron with 6 legs and cross braces at the top and bottom and it's holding about 1000 kg's.

sorry guys my bad, had measured my tube-ing tis weekend and its 30mm x 30mm x 2mm thickness,so its good tube-ing

what is the price diffs on square tubing vs angle irion for interests sake?

Square tubing is bout R180 p/m on average...not sure bout angle iron. Think its more or less in the same price range

Back
Top Bottom