Steam Punk Lamp

All my Steampunk pieces sold today to an art gallery in Manhattan except for two fish that I wanted to keep for myself. I am very happy that I don't have to move them to my new home and I can start building new ones as now I have an outlet and the gallery will take whatever I make. A couple of pieces almost sold as I was bringing them into the gallery as two people wanted them even before they priced them so I am happier than my wildest dreams. Well, maybe not my wildest dreams as that would need a flounder, bowling pin, left rear tire from a 1957 Studebaker and a piece of meat loaf from Lady GaGa's dress. :rolleyes:

Here is my wife with one of my pieces on the counter in the Gallery. She is my spokesmodel. :D

Art%20Gallery_zpsmwxqnqug.jpg

I almost finished the 3 lights for over the Island in my new Island kitchen. These are wine barrel hoop lights.
This is one of them I built for a few bucks.

Kitchen20light_zpsasjbe4h5.jpg

This is one that sells for $120.00
I will start on my wine barrel hoop dining room light.

Wine-Hoop-Pendent-Lighting-2_zpszfu43alw.jpg

I am working on 3 projects at once, which is a mistake. I have two lamps and a SteamPunk Airship that I am kind of excited about because I never built one before.
That phone box with the brass bells will be a lamp. I ordered the ear piece and when you lift the ear piece, the light will come on. The crank on the right will dim it. I have not decided what to do with the other vintage box yet.

Steam%20Punk%20projects_zps4r0modhj.jpg

I just finished my new motorized Steam Punk lamp. It has a "fire" inside and when you turn the valve handles, it winds the mechanism on the Grand Fathers clock and spins the gears and tiny bicycle chain for about 5 minutes. The right valve handle moves the gong hammer. It can be dimmed.

Video

008_zpsvlfvn8jh.jpg

kids are not allowed to play with any balls. Come to think about it, including adults young at heart as kids.

Working on my new Steam Punk floor lamp. The base is a turn of the century Auto Clave that dentists used to sterilize equipment. It needs a lot more work but it is getting there.

I built a new Steam Punk Lamp. This one is a floor lamp. My Daughter gave me this for Christmas because she knows I like to build things It's an Autoclave from the turn of the century so dentists can sterilize things. It was all tarnished and rusty.

Now it is re purposed and has flame lamps in it so it looks like there is a fire in the base.

That last one is selling for $3,100.00 in a gallery which is a little more than what I expected. The other two are also going for a few bucks.
I am working on another one that I think will be pretty cool. I hope anyway.

Much of the money will go to the MS society anyway in the hope that they will use it to a good outcome.
100% of my book sales goes to them.

I had to go to the gallery to take a picture of this because I realized i didn't have a finished picture. I added a fan with streamers so you can see it is running and some more copper tubes with lights.

Two people who came to the gallery seem to want it so there is a bit of a price war going on.

Back
Top Bottom