Steam Punk Lamp

Reaction score
I finished my Steampunk Lamp. I would like to take the credit for the design but I can't. I actually saw it on a site called "Intructables". I found it by accident and they have a lot of cool things to build or just to get ideas from. I embellished on this project by adding a water valve that is actually the switch that turns on the thing. There is an air pump inside which pumps air into the glass chamber (wine bottle)
It is built out of PVC pipe which I painted to look like aged copper. That site shows how to do that as I wasn't sure how to get that old copper look but it does look pretty good if I have to say so myself, and I do.

B eing made out of PVC, you could just as well connect that up to your tank and have saltwater flow through that thing... Will be wickedly awesome.

Dude that's so awesome. .. pls can I have it :p

I am working on a new SteamPunk Light. I just started it, it's the red fire extinguisher thing. Maybe I will make something I can put in my tank.

Thanks, it will be cool looking. I need to paint it, add rivets and seams, connect a lot more copper and gauges then get an antique bulb. I just started the thing.
The brass gate valve turns it on.

Last edited:
Hey Paul... it will be cool if you could fix the pointer on the pressure gauge to anything other than 0... just a suggestion. .. awesome work.. i really like it

That is very easy to do. I was going to make it slowly spin and if I get time I may. But that requires a lot of work. Probably more work than the entire lamp.

I like it, except for the wire whisk thing on the right. Too shiny and chrome.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am still in a quandary about what to put there. The wish was laying there so I stuck it in. It isn't there permanently so I can change it any time.

maybe another turn valve will look good there or even maybe another lamp. carbon filament globes might look cool

I ordered a large perfectly round antique bulb that will offset the look of the tall thin fixture a little. I am still thinking about that wire thing. I could put a bulb in there because I think I left enough room to snake wires in that tube.

I am also working on another lamp. This one will be electrical themed instead of plumbing

Last edited:
Finished. The gate valve turns it on
Steampunk%202_zpsbcr18ixi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom