Stawberry Dotty

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Quintonv, 14 Jan 2011.

1. Quintonv

Quintonv

Hi Guys ( and Gals)

I just wanted to find out would i be able to have this guy in my tank with a mandarin Goby and a sand sifting goby?

Or is the Dotty a bit agro?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Dotty's are agro towards any fish :p - they can sure hold their own. It should be fine as those two are not competition for it. It will find its own hole to sleep/stay close to, so any fish coming too close might get a evil eye from the dotty.
    I had a dotty and manderin in one tank and a dotty and sand sifting goby in another, never had any issues between them.

4. Anemone

Anemone

I had an orchid dottyback before my last move. It was my favorite fish. Unfortunately this fish gets spooked easily and loves to hide in holes in LF. Well he hid really well in a rock that was left out of water a bit longer than he could survive without water.

Mine did protect its rock from other fish, but I never had any physical battles. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

5. Quintonv

Quintonv Thread Starter

I got a six line as a christmas present from my sister ( cool fish) then about a week later we went to an LFS i saw the purple dotty and asked the guy who manages that area are these two compatable, Yes he assured me.

After i introduced the dotty to the tank i immidiatly saw some aggresion between the two. so i thought okay maybe they will be okay after they find their own space. 2hours later i see i have a dead six line with holes in the gills.

At that stage i wash close to flushing the dotty down the toilet:(

No this weekend i would love to get a mandarin and a sand sifter.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2011
Recent Posts