Starting up

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I did had a marine tank in the past. Had a big desaster when I went out for a weekend and list everything. Now I have started Up a 60x60x60 cube today. I will post some photos as I go. Hope for the best this time.

Very cloudy and no rock work yet but that will follow soon :D

No need for skimmer or I don't use it think there stil nothing in your tank to take out yet get the rock ASAP yes

Thanks for the info ReederBray. Yes, I will add some rock today. I only have some dry rock that I will add to the tank for now. Being in Witbank I have to drive to Johannesburg or Pretoria to get anything for marine. I have a TS1 skimmer but the pump is faulty so I will have to get a new pump for it.

Hi Guys. Question time :m15:. My first marine tank was much smaller than this one. I want to know for flow I have 2x 7500lph and 2 x 300lph flow pumps in at the moment. If I want to but some soft corals and euphyllia corals in the tank. and Bangai Cardinals. Do I need to take out some of the flow pumps? My return is a 1900lph sun sun pump and the tank size is 60x60x60.

IMO I'll run the one pump of 7500lph and the return of 1900lph should be over enough the display pump you can just point away from coral so they don't get direct blow from pump

Thanks ReeferBray. I will remove the other pumps as I also thought it is to much flow for the tank. But I am still new to the hobby. My other tank did run good but I want to make n good success of this one. So there might be some more questions.

At the moment A no name reef light the guy that I got the tank from bought. I did set it to about 70% strength as it look very bright on 100%. Tank is now running for almost a month. Tests show Ammonia 0 phosphate about 0.1 nitrate 1 alk 11 and calcium 400 ph is 8.1.

Ok this is what I get on this light......

A601M 39W 60CM 5730 117SMD 4600LM LED Coral SPS LPS Aquarium Tank Lamp

Volt: 110~240V world wide use
Watt:39W
Freq: 50/60Hz
White:9000K
Red:620~630nm
Green:520~530nm
Blue:430~440nm
Deep blue:450~460nm
LED QTY:
60CM 39W-117 SMD 4600LM
Plug:UK,AU,EU,US
Plug wire length:about 130cm
Ultrathin and streamline shape, Easy to install on the tank.
Made of aluminum alloy and acrylic material, simple and generous
Special designed LED, suitable for LPS SPS coral grow

That should work for softies and lps. For the flow, add as much as you can without it disturbing the sand, my red sea max 130 liter refugium has around 15k l/h total and even considering putting in more.

Thanks hotdog83. I will add flow as I have only the one 7500Lph flow pum and return at the moment. I will have to check it with fish and corals in the tank. The flow up to 20k Lph do not disturbe the sand but I dont know if it will have a negative effect on corals that I put in and fish.

Back
Top Bottom