Starting new tank 2008

ml

Reaction score
Hi mense

I hope my dady lets me set-up one more tank. It's one I got last jaar for my b-day thay were just happy to see IT GO {THANKS TO PETER BEE PETS} no efens I like to look around his shop

Tell me what you mense dink!

MORNE:p:lol::)

go for it! you can never have too many tanks! i wish i had more space cause i'd have them everywhere! would need money for that but still! go for it!

You can say that again! If ever my turn to win the lotto - oh boy, a few petshop owners will have a party :whistling:

This is my big tank (514L) {NOGDANS OUD}
114549072ff173c81.jpg
114549072ff16ea77.jpg

ADD new stock 1 purpel based anemon
and an algea skrapper

Yeah, your substrate looks very coarse. I would replace it with fine sand if I were you. Detritis (uneaten food and fish poopoo) settles inbetween those big pieces and cause high nitrates which leads to nuisance algae and unhappy corals. Replace a 1/4 at a time waiting a week or 2 inbetween to give the new fine sand a chance to get covered with pods and bacteria. You can use Reggies playsand - just wash it decently until white ;)

ML : I see that you has posted some pics of your tank in a pervious thread. The question about your substrate was also raised.

Just my opinion : You may not be particularly fond of the fine white sand, but it is soooo much better for your overall water quality. If the fine sand doesn't suit you , then perhaps just go for a bare bottomed tank.

By the way :Have you tested your water recently ? What are your water parameters ?

Everething is on 0 exsept me PO4 levels con't test don't have testkit (Calsium too)
PS {DON"T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY NEW TESTKIT}

Just bord new skimmer and MH(250W + globe 14000 K)

Back
Top Bottom