Started filling!

Reaction score
Heya all

Started filling the tank yesterday! I've got 43kg's of mixed LR thats just about ready to go in (probably gonna have some left over).

I've got 2 Seio powerheads, want to position one near the return to force fresh water away from the overflow. I will be adding a 45 degree elbow on the return to direct water into the powerhead's flow. The other powerhead will go bottom right at the back to direct flow through the LR which will be stacked up against the overflow box.

tanklayout.jpg

Should this be adequate?

Looks good, try to position your powerheads when you have all the rock in the tank in such a manner that you will have no dead spots with no flow in the tank.

Cool, I might get 1 more powerhead. Whats the difference between a powerhead and a wavemaker? Also, what is a controller for?

Cool, I might get 1 more powerhead. Whats the difference between a powerhead and a wavemaker? Also, what is a controller for?

Tradional/older powerheads have a very narrow directional stream whereas the new Seios and Boyu have a much wider flow, that is as high, if not higher in volume but a lot gentler.

Resun makes a wavemaker with controller. Seio and Boyu have separate controllers that increase and decrease flow gradually to give a random/wave like flow

The other powerhead will go bottom right at the back to direct flow through the LR which will be stacked up against the overflow box.
good to see things taking shape Gaboon!
try and leave a bit of space between your LR and overflow aswell as the back and side glass,this will allow better water circulation,with less dead spots ;)

Last edited:
Woops, just got your post Makaeel:(. Put the LR in already. Could this a problem?

I quite like the look of it, maybe I could put a small powerhead there. What you think?

A bit murky, needs to settle

LRtank.jpg

I lied, not very happy with the aquascaping. Need much smaller pieces of LR:(. Any other suggestions

You could break the bigger pieces into smaller bits.

You can build some rather nice "cave" sort of structures with bigger bits of L/R so don't get that lump hammer out too quick - have a good play with the rock you have, before you beat it to death.

There a few mini caves in there which I like. Thought about the hammer but worried the pieces would look like a reef hit with dynamite. Water has settled now so gonna post in Members Setups section:)

There a few mini caves in there which I like. Thought about the hammer but worried the pieces would look like a reef hit with dynamite. Water has settled now so gonna post in Members Setups section:)

Good stuff, get more piccies:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom