Starfire glass, is it worth it ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Stressed Eric, 28 Sep 2009.

1. Stressed Eric

Stressed Eric

After adding yet another scratch to my viewing pane I think the time has come to replace it. I'm looking at starfire glass for this but yoh, it's anything but affordable. Is it all it's made out to be, does it scratch as easily as normal glass and do scratches show up as prominently ?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

having worked with starfire in the past i think its awsome glass, it wasnt to expensive at that stage compared to normal glass only the availability and transport (had to be crated) was an issue.. thus making it expensive.. i have no idea what the going rate is now but if price is no problem go for it.. i personally still prefer conventional glass.

4. Bob the (reef)builder

Bob the (reef)builder

It depends almost entirely on how thick the glass is. If its over 12 -15mm it becomes useful as you start to see the difference properly. The difference in 10mm glass is negligable.

Other than that, its much the same just more expensive.:)

Recent Posts