Stands

Reaction score
I am thinking of making a wood stand. any suggestions. My tank is a 1.2m 700h 450w i was thinking of getting a standard 1.2m stand but im not sure if it will hold the wait.

Is wood going be able to handle 800-900kg ? If the wood gets wet won't to weaken it ?

lots of guys on international forums use wood for their stands.and these stands hold some monster size tanks.i would say its possible if the right wood is used.

lots of guys on international forums use wood for their stands.and these stands hold some monster size tanks.i would say its possible if the right wood is used.

But I don't think it would be economical, you probably find the wood costs more than steel.

It would probably have to be a solid venner of some sort. Expensive and heavy

yeah something like the railway sleeper wood.true,cost of wood is high.it might just out cheaper getting a galvanized stand

Can you imagine a tank stand out of railway sleepers, need a forklift to move it :p

Hey guys - I have 2 pinewood workbenches from Builders Warehoure that I am using for my stand (had to use 2 - one 1.5 metre and one 900mm). It has been holding my 2 metre tank FULL of water, sand and rock, for the past 2 years now already....And yes - they make/sell a 1.2 metre bench too...

Hey guys - I have 2 pinewood workbenches from Builders Warehoure that I am using for my stand (had to use 2 - one 1.5 metre and one 900mm). It has been holding my 2 metre tank FULL of water, sand and rock, for the past 2 years now already....And yes - they make/sell a 1.2 metre bench too...

How much ?

oh yes,and the tank i bought from Craig for my Sister-in-law has a cupboard that it sits on.bloody neat

Think we have to be careful here, we going get noobies putting 750L tanks on a pair of tresses or a couple of cardboard boxes :whistling:

Think we have to be careful here, we going get noobies putting 750L tanks on a pair of tresses or a couple of cardboard boxes :whistling:
that is the reason why we have this forum for people to learn before making any silly decisions like the above mentioned!
and as you can see Jacques 2m is standing on a pine stand ;)

Your factory? You mean your supplier/engineering company? And R400 is BLOODY cheap... for a galvanised 2 metre stand....

Yip, we manufacture projector, LCD, plasma brackets lifts etc.

Because a Tank has a very stable weight it is easy to design and make.

The thinky part is the wood finish. Takes more time and costs more

Back
Top Bottom