Stacking LR

dallasg

Reaction score
after my little mishap last night, i would like to know the best way to aquascape without leaning rocks on the glass?

anyone got pics of there setup?

Reaction score
Most use PVC piping and eggcrate to make a live rock stand. Check the war machine thread, Mekaeels 1m thread and scubas thread. They made live rock stands using these materials.

Reaction score
after my little mishap last night, i would like to know the best way to aquascape without leaning rocks on the glass?

anyone got pics of there setup?[/quote] i am fairly confident if you look through the memebers threads or full tank shot pics you will find a few:)

Reaction score
Most use PVC piping and eggcrate to make a live rock stand. Check the war machine thread, Mekaeels 1m thread and scubas thread. They made live rock stands using these materials.
true, if you like blue and white plastic in your tank! :)

but its very true that a supported lr stand lifts the reef well and increases water flow around the LR greatly reducing detritus build up.

personally i prefer a more natural reef, buildt up of LR or bio rock....but thats just me:)

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Or you strap smaller pieces of rock with cable ties to the pipes to hide them - the cable ties will get covered by coraline and stuff in time ;)

dallasg

Reaction score
thanks

is using the back glass a no-no?

dallasg

Reaction score
cool, then how do others get there 600mm reefs to the top? stands ? that must be a pain in the ass to hide

Reaction score
cool, then how do others get there 600mm reefs to the top? stands ? that must be a pain in the ass to hide
Rock stand and then correctly shaped rocks, on top of each other or puttied (pratley putty) together.

Works great, if you go with the loose setup, make sure you don't get rock urchins or some of the stronge wrasses, they will move it around.

dallasg

Reaction score
cool thanks