Sps tank for sale

Discussion in 'Livestock For Sale/Swap' started by Bernic2008, 31 May 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernic2008

Bernic2008

[​IMG]

Willing to sell sps,fish,live rock,hardware etc individually

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. geoffrey

geoffrey

gees thats a nice setup bernic!!! why u selling? what live rock is it?

4. Brucemg

Brucemg

Hi

Do you have a list and cost

5. Bernic2008

Bernic2008 Thread Starter

we immigrating to oz down under, got a good job offer. cannot remember the type of live rock,but believe me its good stuff. i do have one guy thats interrested in the live stock, wil contact me next week. after that i will decide how to go about selling seperate.some of the colonies are more than 10 times the side of a frag that you could buy at your lfs for R500. have a look at the corals and let me know what you think. unfortunately i cannot ship single items as that would cost to much. would ship if the order is big anough for the customers account

6. geoffrey

geoffrey

ah we lost another one!!!! u better start a tank in oz and keep to this forum!

can u make a list of everything with prices etc.

7. Bernic2008

I do not want to make any prize list at this stage, was very unhappy with response from SARK members that wants everything for free. The setup cost me roughly R140K, but i know that i wont get it back. I will sell to people that do see the value of sps in this tank. Theres about 73 different sps's and about 26 fishes (purple tang,3 x yellow, male and female flame etc) lots of hermits, 40-60 kg of live rock. Please give me indications on how much people sell these type of colonies for and then i'll decide.

8. geoffrey

geoffrey

well not too sure on the fish. but i know that most ordinary hermits go for around R10 a crab at my LFS, the red legged and blue legged dwarf hermits are like 40-60 bucks each. live rock depends.... kenyan at lfs = R80/kg Figi can go up to R200/kg SPS i've no idea. but seriously you'll definitely get buyers. probably not at LFS prices though.

I'm really keen on some live rock if u willing to ship.(my expense obviously)

9. Bernic2008

yes, but must sell the corals and fish first for obvious reasons

10. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

really sad to see such nice systems dismantled.:(
    if geoffrey takes some LR, can you maybe put some sps frags in aswell(separate from LR)would really love to get some more.

I love that purple tang of yours( they go for R2500 up hear)(bit above my budget)

11. geoffrey

geoffrey

just reading the pretoria news. 10 more engineers are leaving the country end of june. all were part of the SA defence force... WTF is happening to this place?

12. seank

seank

Pm Andrew(Eco Aquatics). Maybe he'll find the Sps to value. You really have a great tank. Sad to see so much effort going down the drain. Wait till Monday or Tuesday- more people on the Forum....;)

13. Bernic2008

Yes well i'm a civil engieneer who's contracts that was signed for 5 years were discontinued after just 2 without any real reason, i believe my contracts forms part of multiple contracts that was handed to "friends".This was something i hoped would never happen to me although my wife and i were talking about it for the past 2 years. My fish and corals makes up a big part of my life the same as all reef and fish lovers, load shedding, can't go on holiday,maintanance etc, but i love it. I hope i can find somebody to enjoy the the corals and fish the way i did.

14. geoffrey

geoffrey

Bernic. most people on this forum enjoy reefkeeping as much as you do! so if u do manage to sell all of the stuff, stick to the people on the forum as much as possible. sorry to hear about the job situation. its getting to everybody i'm sure!

15. Bernic2008

sps tank

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lights main tank: 4x 55w t5's actinics, 2x 400w mh coralvue 10 000k bulbs in luminarc reflectors run by coralvue electronic ballasts,actinics 6:00 am - 19:00,mh 11:30am - 18:00.

Water circulation: Lifetech 12000L/hr circulates, magic6 jacuzzi pump(Speck pump) for closed loop 10500L/hr, small pump 2000l/hr to supply ceulerpa and frag tank, 2x resun wavemakers max 15 000l/hr/pump

Skimmer: old insump skimmer that i converted with 210mm pvc stormwater pipe and added 2 beckitts and the .45kw pool pump(speck pump) with a supply pump inside the sump. good for about 3000l

Kalkwasserdoser: auto topup

Ca reactor: 110mm pvc pipe with end unions and caps,Dolphin 2500l pump to circulate,co2 120 bubbles/min through solenoid valve

Chiller: 18 000BTU Samsung split type aircons compressor with a heate exchange unit controlled by a Dixcell controller for industrial cooling and heating( This is a monster and works like one too)

Sps:never bothered to name them all, but i know there is 73 different ones

Lps: Blue pulsing zenia, large frog spawn and a big bush of green zoa's

Fish:3xyellow tang,1xpurple tang,male and femal flames(breed),7xclowns,bristle tooth tang,clown surgeon,2xantheas,2x bi-colour blennies,dart gobie,2x yellow tale damsel that spawns like you know what,cleaner wrasse,6 line wrasse,3x cleaner shrimp,3x fire shrimp, 3x large bristle stars, lots of blue and red legged dwarf hermits,9x turbo's

Food: inever buy fish food imake my own,seaweed,mussle,shrimp,spirulina tablets,garlic and norri(spelling) into blender not find then spread on foil and freaze.

My tank maintains itself and i hardly take any readings or test, my last water change was 5 months ago.

I do not dose anything
    Nitrate 0
    Ca 450
    KH 8
    salinity 25
    temp 26.0 dergrees C

Last edited: 2 Jun 2008
  16. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Bernic - sorry to hear you leaving the country man. And also very sorry to see a tank like this broken up..... I am sure that your SPS should fine some good homes.... BUT, unfortunately there are not MANY people out there with the correct equipment (lights, CA reactors, REALLY the best skimmers, etc) that would be able to keep your SPS alive, never mind thriving.....

BUT - I am QUITE sure that some folks would help you out.... Good luck to you. We will surely try our best and spread the word around!

BTW: What's happening to your brother's tank? Is he leaving too?

17. robski

robski

Hi bernic,

I am very interested in some of your fish etc, could you pls send me your details via private message.

Thanks

18. SIMS

SIMS

does the tank in the garage not cause rust in your cab?

19. lIghty

lIghty

Hi, All the best in OZ, hope you start up a new tank there!

I am interested in the following :

The red "Plate type" coral below the Flame in the 1st pic, think its a monti?? (pls excuse my stupidity)

2x resun wavemakers, 3x cleaner shrimp
    3x fire shrimp
    1-2x large bristle stars
    blue and red legged dwarf hermit

If you coul pls PM with your prices.

thx

20. flappy

flappy

What do you want for the trailer and water container?

21. Bernic2008

thank you guys,gonna make a list of everything with prices and then sell everything once off. would be impossible to catch fish,bristle stars etc in this tank.

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.