SPS Fragging

Rod

Reaction score
Fragging

Thanks for the link. Very helpfull!

Muz

Reaction score
Shanks for this, I glued my 1st frag 3 days ago and was so paranoid, I really expected everything to just die, it is hard to believe supa glue works.. it all worked out well !

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Shanks for this, I glued my 1st frag 3 days ago and was so paranoid, I really expected everything to just die, it is hard to believe supa glue works.. it all worked out well !
was it the bostik muz?how long did it take to dry before you put it back into your tank?

Reaction score
Takes about 15 seconds mekaeel. Thats how i glue my zoos to live rock.

Reaction score
The problem with pratley putty is that it goes around the sides of frag, whereas super glue stays nicely around the bottom.

Muz

Reaction score
Well so much for that, I just bumped the frag and .. whoops, over she went, as either I really did something wrong or i used the wrong product.

I used the supaglue gel, and let it dry for about 2 min. I think the LR ws too wet or the frag was too wet.

Will try again on the weekend but I am dumping the gel and use the dood gewone supaglue.

Muz

Last edited:

Muz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought i did.. no worries it has found a home stuck in a hole but it is irritating me cos he moves ever so slightly with the flow.. so that sucker is coming out this weekend and getting the treatment.

Muz

Reaction score
I think the LR ws too wet or the frag was too wet.
Definitely your problem.

I am dumping the gel and use the dood gewone supaglue.
Don't be silly. If you think the gel is difficult, you gonna have a nightmare of a time with the plain glue.... Way to runny.

Jusr make sure the frag bottom and liverock plug is dry, cure for a minute and put into a container with tank water to cool off frag and attach frag plug to liverock structure...