SPS dominated Tank

Reaction score
I am looking at starting 1.8m SPS dominated tank and would like to know what fish you guys would recommend for the long hual.

i prefer to go with the least possible fish due to keeping nutrients low.grazers (surgeouns and tangs) other fish like firegobys do well.you dont wanna add fish that need to fed alot as this will increase nutrients to there high metabolasim.this way you will get the best colouration out of your SPS IMO

Hey alfie welcome to sticksville, as the guy's have mentioned grazers and fish that could almost sustian themselves are ideal.

My system has six fish three tangs and three dwarf wrasse.

Good luck with the project.

Thanks guys.

Mekaeel, what would you consider the max amount of fish for a 1.8 x 650 x 650.

Ok here is a list I have narrowed t down to.

Tomini Tang
Fox Face
Lawnmower blenny
Regal Tang
Yellow Tang
Lipstick Tang
Black Longnose Surgeon
Purple Tang
Brown Surgeon
Sailfin Tang
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty
Rusty Angel

My final choices will be from these I think.

Last edited:
This sounds like a case for the Tang Police...

Alfie have you considered a copperband butterfly? (one eating aptasia hopefully)

Rory, I thought you were on your way to JHB already. As far CBB is concerned I have will try one at a later stage. I do believe it is difficult to get them to eat and I don't want to see it starve to death.

Nice choice of fish Alfie, are you looking at getting all of them or just some of them?

Viper eventually all. They are all good grazers and should only be beneficial to the tank

I want to slope from one side to the other. with lots of caves etc all over. Got some fantastic LR.

Back
Top Bottom