sports at a serious level

Reaction score
hey guys,
i was wondering if anyone competed in any sport at high level?

for instance,
i used to compete at a very high level in cycling until studies tied me down.
i still plan on getting back into a competitive level of the sport as currently i am only doing it for fun.
just cant find enough time to get the hours in...

Hi Furbz.
I was into Kick boxing.Was a member of South African Shuriken Kick Boxing Association. Use to fight tournament level, medium weight. After I got married I stopped it all together.

Last edited:
Comrades, Marathons, Blue Bulls under 21,Rock and Surf Fishing- not getting National Colours though as I stopped it- took too much time on weekends

Olymic Trap, Olympic Double trap, (clay pigeon), I shot in world championships.

Karate, I came second in the U/18 Kata chamionships, that was a long time ago.

Also when I was in the UK I was into Tourney casting, I was actually a recognised casting instructor.

Now my weekends I spend dragging saltwater up the beach.

represented south Africa in Waveski Surfing (google it)

did pretty well in canoeing too

i was a provincial baseball and softball player until varsity, and also a sailer, raced hobbies and dart catamarans for SA and ranked number 7 in SA at age 10.

and represented SA in some math comp :yeahdude: a complete reef geek

I also forgot, when I was in the UK, I was playing South Northants 1st Division Cricket, The one year in 1st Division, the first match of the year I made 14 runs not out, over the whole season though I made 15runs, but I was also a seam bowler and did take a couple of 5vers in the year. That year we were renegated to 2nd Division.

sa fencing but gave it up when i got to vartsity. sa scholl boys champ in sabre and foil, id love to take it up again but no club in lillehammer. great sport :)

trained two national retriever champs too, but we had them as working dogs, more than for field trials

nice Renannchen, glad to hear u got back into it

i just started sailing again, cant believe how much has changed...

soccer i would think

a client just told me... will wait a bit before i say, as i got given the answer :)

i am, hence why not so clued up on sport :)

i am, hence why not so clued up on sport :)
Touche:) (pun intended)

i was actually nicknamed (one of man many!) 'the shepard' as i was the only non nerd of the ' nerd herd' or fencing club. lol everytime i was beaten in class by one of them i made sure i beat them on the piste :)

Back
Top Bottom