Sponsor becomes member

Discussion in '► Sponsor Request Forum' started by jclaas, 27 Oct 2013.

1. jclaas

jclaas

This thread was not started as a request for equipment/livestock from sponsors. I am attempting to kindly bring something learned to the attention of those sponsors affected. "this" i am refering to is that not all sponsors appear to have a member profile.

When a sponsor is in possession of a member profile, it will allow a fellow MASA member to send a PM to you for a request of equipment/livestock instead of having to start a thread on your sponsor profile.

Your member profile should clearly indicate that you are a sponsor for easy navigation and finding you in the member list.

I personally enjoy sending a PM to sponsors because it is convenient. I am sure other members may feel the same.

(Food for thought...)

Last edited: 27 Oct 2013
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Not sure what forum you're on :p but...
    ALL sponsors have a member profile.
    ALL sponsors' usernames are coloured green to indicate they are sponsors.
    ALL sponsors have a "sponsors" badge under their user name AND it is also on their member profile.

4. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

It may take some time to find all those sponsors affected using the member list, but as an example see the profile of @Dorry Pets .

I can see they are a member, i can send a PM, but there is no green sponsor button.

Sorry i do not have all the answers and know how of thios site, but if it does count it is as i see it. I am only trying to improve our great forum.

5. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

Sorry i did not know.

Perhaps i am stupid, but it is as not all show off a green button.

6. viper357

No idea who that is, but they are not an 'official' sponsor, they haven't been online since 2012.
    Are you wanting to PM ALL of the sponsors all at once???? If you want to PM a sponsor just go into their forum and you'll find them in there.

7. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

Let me look. :)

8. viper357

That does tend to work occasionally. :tt2: When my kids can't find something I tell them to open their eyes when they look. ;)

9. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

Haha rather ask a stupid question, than stay quiet and stay stupid:tt2:.

I can see how to start a THREAD in their sponsor forum...

Not send a PM??

10. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

Yes i want to send PM's.

Sending one message to all sponsors sound good too.

11. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Only reason I can think of where one would want to spam all sponsors at once, is if you a wholesaler trying to get your product in their stores

12. seank

seank

@viper357, I see where he is coming from..
    I think it is this:
    If you go onto the sponsor forum, under any sponsor. You can either view posts/threads etc and you see their logo on top, but, you basically have to create a thread to communicate with them, instead of having a pm button next to their logo where you can just pm them, instead of opening a thread. @jclaas, is this what you meant?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  13. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

or to ask all of them at once if they have stock of something one is looking for

14. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

@seank hit the nail on the head.

I will rather refrain from my request if i am to be taken up incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  15. paul bloem

paul bloem

just remember not all sponsors are 24/7 on MASA and will not be able to get your PM`s and reply quickly.
    Its better to send them a mail directly and you know someone at the shop will answer you soon and faster than if you send a pm.
    instead of getting angry because there's no reply on the forum

16. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

A PM will go directly to their email account.

Using the sponsor forum is convenient. i must respect the fact that we may only start a thread in their forum or contact them directly.

17. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

I like the way it is now - Sponsor request...
    We can all see it, and if its something we have or can get conveniently for the customer we can reply.
    My reasoning below is not aimed at anyone , or begrudging the questions , just the reason why Sponsors requests might work best for me.

I think the private message is also so a " Personal message " that when we get it we are obliged to answer and will go out of our way to respond to by calling around - making requests to the supplier and hear him say - " that's strange your the 4 shop today that called about this impella ! "
    After that you call air lines or currier companies , get the transport quotes and explain all the procedures in sending it.
    So straight away i know i have three competitors quoting on the same " impella " and when i get back to the customer He/She doesnt even respond with a "thanks" because there has been 4 answers and only one will be the right answer as such ( the price )

Sponsors requests are alo apparent to everyone - so if the customer gets shafted he/ she is also protected to a certain degree .
    The public sponsor requests also act as advertising for us, because if sponsors say yes we have this at this price - the whole of masa see it and if they are even remotely interested they know that sponsor has it with there price.

Thanks
    D

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Oct 2013
  18. viper357

I'm really confused. Are you saying you can't PM a sponsor? Because you can, anybody can, look at the post above this one, click on Perky Pets green username, a menu will drop down then click on "Send a Private Message to Perky Pets". You can do this with any user on the forum.

19. jclaas

jclaas Thread Starter

20. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

As mentioned by Paul
    The sponsors got shops to run. They do not sit behind the PC all day chatting away on MASA. Unlike you who might have nothing else to do for the day, or whose boss is not in the office.

If you want response from them. Pick up the phone and use it. Do you send an e-mail to Midas asking for certain parts?

Especially on days they are landing stock, and posted, American shipment came in, Flame angels, special.... You only see a facebook link type post. Because its easier to upload pictures to facebook. And every Tom Dick and Harry post a thing, "Price please". And gets annoyed when their request goes unanswered. I for one would rather appreciate it if they waste their time getting the fish properly acclimatized than answering e-mail or PM or posts.

Plus, If I had a shop, the walk in customer is the most important person at that moment. I absolutely hate it, when you buy car parts, standing in line, when you get to the front the bloody phone rings and that customer phoning around for quotes on spark plugs gets preferential treatment. If that customer phone around to 4 parts centres, you got a 25% change of seeing him. But I'm there, standing in front of you, willing to spend my cash. Imagine my frustration if I stand there and the salesperson is now ignoring me, working away on his PC answering E-mails and PM and what not. What would I rate their customer service? Useless. But you getting a reply where you most likely will not respond to is happy.

Getting my point?
    Go there
    If you cannot do that.
    Phone them.

21. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Way too complicated. Click the name, drop down menu, send pm

Recent Posts