• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Sponsor Advertising

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Info for Sponsors on how to maximise the benefits of advertising on the forum.

Whilst posting on the forum has slowed, I can assure you that people are still reading the forums. Our statistics from Jan 2019 to Sep 2019 show we have had a total of 13,179,803 page views on our website, that’s an average of just over 1,3 million pages read every month. That’s a LOT of reading on our forums! If you’re not active on the forums then you’re missing out on a lot of potential exposure for your business.

Just recently I saw a post from somebody looking to buy something and they were recommended a shop in their area, to which they replied, “Oh wow, that’s just around the corner from me, I’ll go check them out tomorrow.” How does this person not know of pet shops so close to their vicinity? It’s lack of advertising. Advertising is a must, and word of mouth is HUGE in this day and age of social media.

Advertising on the forum couldn’t be easier. You need to get your business known by constantly putting it out there.

• Start threads in your sponsor forum once or twice a week, advertise a special offer or a shipment, or just simply pick one product in your shop and advertise it with a photo (people love photo’s) and information about it. Do this often and your business name will stick in the minds of people reading the forum, it will also spread by word of mouth and probably the biggest thing is your shop name will appear on Google searches a lot more!!!
  • Maximise your exposure by advertising at the right time and on the right days.
  • Bump your threads every day or two in order to make them more visible to users.
Our busy days are Monday, Tuesday. Wednesdays.

Our busiest hours are 7am to 3pm then 6pm to 9pm.

All forum sponsors also have exclusive rights to advertise on our Facebook Group which is currently sitting at 3562 members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/marinetanks/ We delete any adverts posted by other petshops or businesses that are non-sponsors.

If you need help or are unsure on anything, please contact me. Send me a message on the forum or use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page. I am more than willing to help you in any way that I can.

Last edited:
Thank you to the 2 members that sent me PM's. I've edited the above stats to now show pages instead of hits. :)

Interesting, I thought Fridays would have more hits...

Black Friday; we want deals! Also, usually deals are for walk-in customers only... What about us poor Durban folks who can't get up to JHB for these deals. We have very few options down here. I've spent thousands through online shops while setting up my nano this year, it would be nice to get one or two freebies.

Back
Top Bottom