Speeding up my cycle

Reaction score
Will adding Seachem stability speed up my cycle period? I already used very good live water that I got. Or is there something better to use?

Should there be well cured LR and a decent skimmer.The addition of Seachem Stability or Organic Aqua will help.

You can put mollies in they will handle the cycle and build up the bacteria.

please keep your comments on topic folks, too many threads are descending into chaos.

As for the cycle, it's the first lesson in reef keeping, nothing good in reefkeeping happens quickly.

You can spend a fortune on all sorts of things to help speed things up, but at the end of the day is it really worth it and did it help.

If you have LR in the tank there still will be things to watch in the tank. Each day you will notice something different. It is also a good time to see if you got any bad hitchhikers that came with the LR.

Only Hitchhiker that I have noticed is a starfish. I did notice some green algae growing on my LR, is this good or bad?

I would agree with patience its very difficult to rush old mother nature.

I should add.These products like Organic Aqua and Seachem Stability should only be used in a case of emergency.eg. I had 2 weeks to move out of my flat and transfer all my livestock over to the new tank at my new place .That is the main reason why i used Organic Aqua. Otherwise,be patient and you will be rewarded ;)

i had great fun cycling, didnt feel the need to rush it al all.

do yourself a fav and get a camera, post pics on here and ask advice through the process, not only will you learn from others here, but it keeps ones interest up. It took ages for my hitchhikers to show themselves properly, and inbetween that finding bristle worms, or the of zoa comming out was brilliant. Use the cycle time to study your LR, i'll guarentee it will give you dividends in the long run. I still havent finished my aquascape 7 months later as i see different things on my LR all the time....be it a living creatchure or simple the shape which i could use better:)

take your time, its actually darn good fun:)

Mollies cant do anything bad to the system and grow lots of bacteria, only good can come from it.
You will still have to be pateint

Mollies cant do anything bad to the system and grow lots of bacteria, only good can come from it.
You will still have to be pateint

Please don't advocate the use of fresh water fish to cycle marine tanks, it is cruel, barbaric and outdated.

Nope they can live HAPPILY in both FW and SW with no probs, they will not die or get harmed at all. I have done this he is still living.

Back
Top Bottom