Special Deal On RO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys, as some of you had seen I've bought myself an RO of bidorbuy for a good price. When I went to collect it, I started speaking with the owner and saying that I belong to a forum for marine aquariums and that most of the guys are using RO, he was qiute interested.

I asked him very there could be a special deal for us on the RO's and he said that if I can Get 10 guys that want one, we can have it at R1525 instead of R2025.

I've set mine up today and it works like magic. It has 5 stages, and comes complete with a tap for the sink as well. This is actually great, because no you can actually tellthe Betterhalf, that you want to buy it for the health of the family (clean drinking water) and this as absolutely the truth, with an added spinoff - you get RO water for your tanks. Ain't this great.

I also bought an electronic TDS from him for R200.

So lets see whether we can get 10 reefers together that wants to get pure drinking water for "their families". Marine life count as family as well?

Cheers

Sanders

PS I'll load some specs and photos

Just a point of interest, pure R/O water are actually not that good for you. You are losing out on suppliments that your body need, so using R/O for personal drinking water without the extra filters to put back the calcium, fluoride, magnesium etc might be hazerdous to your health.

BTW Talk to Marko at Waterboy, he sells em cheaper :p

My 2c

Wikus

Copy cybervic. Water is the only universal solvent. Remove all the tds and water becomes a paint stripper.

Here are some photo's and specs. It also comes with a 12 liter tank, that it keeps full the whole time, for off tap use.

The unit itself
IM003306a.jpg

Side view
IM003305a.jpg

The tank (this is for the family)
IM003304a.jpg

The RO membrane, the tap for the sink and the TDS meter with its holder
IM003303a.jpg

So you guys say this water is only good for my fish and other marine life to pooh in?

i wouldnt go mad for one of them we get sutch reliable units ast competitive prices already! jmho

Sorry to say Sanders, but you could have saved your self quite a lot of money and gotten a more suitable RO system for your tank from one of the sponsors. Please check out Northlands and Eco Aquatics forums to see what I mean.

Gotto say you can get a Purpose built unit for around R1500 with Deioniser. And back up is brilliant from the MASA sponsors.

However very nice gesture thinking of other reefers:thumbup:

The tds meters seem well priced, please pM me where you got it from.

Sanders, you will be better off drinking the waste water. It would be well fltered but with most minerals intact. Should be refrigerated though because of the chlorine removed, bacteria would be quick to infiltrate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom