Spaceboys tank setup

Reaction score
hey guys... been very quiet since joining a while back- new job and all. anyway, thought it might be time to update you on my progress... the tank is standing empty in my lounge. I am waiting for the folks to paint the lounge in a week or two and then will start the long process of filling it up

for those who missed it details so far:

Tank: 105x65(w)x 60 (h)- water level at 55. Pine lid and cladding
sump- 90 odd cm
skimmer- reeftek 2
2x SEIO M820
Resun Wavemaker
4x 39W T5 with reflectors
Rio return pump
55 kg of Aragonite so far
Waterboy RO Unit
other odds and ends like heaters

Pics in next post

tank about a month ago

19072007032.gif

19072007029.gif
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x194/spaceboy-07/19072007029.jpg

19072007027.gif

its going to be FOWLR until at least december, then ill upgrade the T5's to ATIs (my bonus) and try my hand at some softies. would 4 T5s be enough for softies on this tank?

PS- andrew did this tank- awesome work and a really great guy.

This will be another nice setup to follow. Well done on the equipment so far and good luck Spaceboy. Keep us posted!!

Spaceboy, If I were you, I'd throw in that spare MH as well.

One more thing, why don't you consider painting the back pane of glass black. It really helps to bring out the colours of the fish.

Spaceboy, If I were you, I'd throw in that spare MH as well.

One more thing, why don't you consider painting the back pane of glass black. It really helps to bring out the colours of the fish.

i dont know about the MH- might get 1 150W halide- wont be keeping SPS in this tank, and worry a bit about heat.

about the pane- i will be getting black plasitc to go on the back. to cut a long story short, i went to Maizey, a bought the wrong size for the back panel. so thats going to be done as soon as i have some time off

Nice tank

Run 3 x Giessemann aquablue+, and 1 x Giessemann actinic plus, for an really nice light solution

Adam

Looks great, plus you have one of the best guys around to give you hands on advice.

p.s. love your signature :)

Nice tank

Run 3 x Giessemann aquablue+, and 1 x Giessemann actinic plus, for an really nice light solution

Adam

i was thinking giessemann or ati- not sure which to gun for?! when im ready for corals ill upgrade to one of the two (or a combination), and then adda MH if I decide to try keep some interesting guys in the future

its going to be FOWLR until at least december, then ill upgrade the T5's to ATIs (my bonus) and try my hand at some softies. would 4 T5s be enough for softies on this tank?

PS- andrew did this tank- awesome work and a really great guy.
your current lighting will be more than sufficient for keeping softies !!!!

Hay David, great to see you are nearly ready to fill the tank. The bulbs you have are sufficient to keep some softies and even a few types of lps, but Giessemann’s in the ratio advised above, or ATI’s would certainly be a big improvement and you would get better growth and colour from your corals.
Glad to have helped you out with this tank. Cheers

Thanks for all your help Andrew- you did an awesome job. Tank will be filled slowly starting next week once the lounge is painted. I told you it would take forever to get this baby going :lol: I will be contacting you again in a month or so when Im ready to buy more stuff- just need somre more cash;)

Sweet. Start collecting water in some container, then you fill up sooner.

Back
Top Bottom