South Coast Environmentals

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Marlin, 11 Aug 2016.

1. Marlin

Marlin

We went down to Isipingo / Tiger's Rock over the long weekend and I have to admit, it was quite beautiful there. Lovely shallow diving pools and plenty of marine species to be found. What disgusted me was the level of pollution evident there. I really feel Durban Metro should take this to task. Further down the South Coast, towards Park Rynie, we did not find any butterflies, angel fish etc, and I feel this may be due to pollution too. What a pity.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

My parents are at Park Rynie at the moment, they do the pensioners winter caravan thing. Although my old man is way to old to go jumping into rock pools. And I doubt my mom would let him get close to the rocks, neither the other old folks that knows them. 2 years ago he had a bad fall on those rocks feeding the dassies (rock hyrax).

Lots of plastic on the beach and in between rocks. Not nice to cleanup behind other people.

4. Adrian B

Adrian B

Funny I was also at Isipingo / Tiger's Rocks on Monday - flip it is filthy. Couldn't believe the rubbish.

5. waynee

waynee

I'm more down the south coast,due to the rains we had and rivers that came down,everything was dirty but I will agree they need to do a good clean up on the rocks and on the beaches

Recent Posts