Something i have been hiding!

ok, who is ready for some updated pictures???
hold your breathe...
IF YOU CAN :)

Ok here we go!!

9154bc97c9098c40.jpg

9154bc97ca69081f.jpg

9154bc97cb97590b.jpg

9154bc97ccedc86c.jpg

9154bc97d0f43363.jpg

Wow furbs, very very nice man - you did a great job with the cube. It looks very healthy.

...gonna go cry now :dft004:

OMG!!!! Well done Furbs. Thats a awesome looking tank.:bigthumbup:

Well done Furbz!! It looks pretty awesome man! what are those green things on the right though? look like some kind of algae?

indeed... some sort of bubble algae...
just started sprouting out of the rock.
doesnt look bad tho. and is not growing so we shal leave it...
if need be i will remove them manually..

First, let me say the tank looks AWESOME!! :thumbup:

Second, you might want to reconsider keeping the bubble algae. Here's a link with info on this algae. Sounds like it can become quite a problem if let go.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/hcj/feature/index.php

From above article your algae is a good bio-indicator for marine radioactive pollution!!??:wtf:

No wonder you say everything is growing like mad, they are all nuclear china!!!!!! Seriously though what do they mean by this and how does it show up in your tank??

Well, I doubt you have to worry about radioactivity... and I don't know how half the stuff that shows up gets in there. I guess there are all sorts of 'things' lurking in that "live rock" so the basic components needed are there. Didn't mean to scare you... just meant that, although it's cool looking, you might want to get rid of it now.

I thought aiptasia was cool at first and decided to keep it because I didn't know what it was. Now I know... :( still fighting with it!

First, let me say the tank looks AWESOME!! :thumbup:

Second, you might want to reconsider keeping the bubble algae. Here's a link with info on this algae. Sounds like it can become quite a problem if let go.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/hcj/feature/index.php

indeed... when i have some spare time i will...
for the past 3 months they haven't grown any further...
i do know they can become a problem.
but i really dont want to disturb this tank just yet...

its looking to good!
i may do it in my next holidays by removing the entire rock and then slowly cutting around them with a knife to ensure that it doens't spread.
popping them is a bad idea!!

Furbz, well done, this is one stunner of a tank. Something similar my wife always wanted. You did a real good job on the coral placement and everything looks "natural" . Again, amazing tank, keep up the good work. This tank is really an inspiration to a lot of people :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, before I forget- remove this asap :whistling: :

furbztank2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom