SOmethin happened to my starfish on the way to heaven

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by shiks, 13 Sep 2008.

1. shiks

shiks

Hey masa massive......my starfish (aka Patrick - from Spongebob) seems to have been burnt / eaten sort of....woke up yest morn to find the poor little guy with what looks like acid burns all over his skin and missing soft tissue over one arm/leg

I know he is one his way out cos he was slumped leaning backwards on a rock this morn without movt ...its really looked terrible/funny cos he has five arms and two were on the gravel (one with bone exposed) two arms going left and right and the top one drooping to the left as if to say bye bye im goin to the big ocean in the sky .......SO

i am trying to figure out what could have got him....last i saw him he was gravitating towards a rock near my sand anemone ...but he always does that and stays clear.....or could it have been the glass anemone( aptaisia thing) i have on a nearby rock or i have sum bristle worm in some rock( they could have done the eatin his leg thing) or is their any fish that is known to go postal on starfish from my family of : clowns , gobys( a few variety), bi colour angel, wrasse(sixline and multi) or chromis

any thoughts r welcomed......the funeral will take place this afternoon dependant on weather around the toilet bowl :wave2:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. geoffrey

geoffrey

:lol: :lol:

dude i'm guessing a powerhead maybe or a bad-ass crab u might have hidden in the rockwork somewhere...

4. shiks

shiks Thread Starter

would a powerhead cause acid burns...he is normally red in colour and his skin burn down to a purple layer...opps there is also an anemone crab hostin...???so maybe

5. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

It would be the sand nem i reckon, evil stings on them.

6. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

Starfish generally disintegrate when they are dying. What are your water conditions like? Any changes lately? How long has your starfish been in the tank? Is the middle part of it affected or only the legs? What kind of starfish is it?

7. shiks

shiks Thread Starter

water quality is actually good....no major changes for a while ....havnt added any new species for abt a month....it has been in the tank for abt 3 months....and burn marks are in sections over the whole body but one leg has disintergrated to the bone underneath......like it was chewed on??? so even if the nemmie did the acid burn ...sitll clueless as to what nibbled it

8. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

The nem could have had a chew, but equally when there is exposed flesh, anything could have a go, bristleworms, hermits, shrimps even the fish.

Recent Posts