Some soft corals to be identified

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
First one looks like a common cabbage leather coral, not sure of the scientific name.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Raven - the one in the second pic looks like a cauliflower tree coral - alternatively it could also be a sinularia (finger) leather coral....
And: as Kanga said - cabbage leather coral - SPOT ON KANGA!

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Raven - the one in the second pic looks like a cauliflower tree coral - alternatively it could also be a sinularia (finger) leather coral....
And: as Kanga said - cabbage leather coral - SPOT ON KANGA!

That was viper;)

I would go with finger leather for the second one too, neither really need target feeding, there will be enough food for them in the tank, so save your money:)

Reaction score
First one is sinularia dura or as said cabbage leaf, second appears to be a sinularia of sorts but polps not open and photo too blurry to tell.

Reaction score
That was viper;)

I would go with finger leather for the second one too, neither really need target feeding, there will be enough food for them in the tank, so save your money:)
cool thanks!
You're saying that i don't have to target feed them, does this mean that i don't have to feed them at all? Or must i still use some marine snow in the whole tank?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Raven - it's your choice - yes - if you use marine snow in the tank, they will probably eat. BUT, you are just adding unnecessary nutrients to the tank....
And NO - you don't REALLY have to feed them...

Reaction score
cool thanks!
You're saying that i don't have to target feed them, does this mean that i don't have to feed them at all? Or must i still use some marine snow in the whole tank?
The snow won't help, loads of light helps.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
cool thanks!
No need to feed