Some rust on tank stand, should I be worried?

3dd

Reaction score
Hi

I just had a look at my tank stand, and there are a few spots where the paint had chipped and now these have become rust spots.

Should I be worried about this, I'm getting a new tank in a week or two which is going onto the stand, don't want it collapsing in a few months.

Would applying something like this help?

Dulux Trade - Hammerite Direct to Rust-Forged

Thanks in advance for the help, you guys :yeahdude:

to be blatantly honest... imo replace the rusted parts, and re-galvanise or hamerite the entire stand.. worst thing is to have a tank mature and establish itself and later has to be broken down because of something you were aware of, or it colapses,thats just plain dangerous

Ok, yes it's only a few small spots, I'd say 1mm but it stretches for say 5cm.

Thanks, I'll definitly try the Rust converter and then Hammerite over that, rather safe than sorry.

Thanks for the help guys, like I said you :yeahdude:

How bad is the rust? Is it only on the surface, or has it penetrated into the metal. If it has penetrated a new coat of paint is not the answer.

It's only on the surface, and just a little bit, I had to cut a piece of wood when putting the tand over the sump, and while cutting I must have nicked off a few pieces of paint.

Ok so once the stand was moved I saw that the rust was way worse than I thought initially and decided to go for a new galvanized stand.

Would you guys Hammerite the stand as well, just to ensure no rust could occur or should I just leave it as is?

Back
Top Bottom